Thursday, October 30, 2014

MA - late REVI - 10/30

Yet another lovely fall day to be out. This morning I had a quick look at Turner's Falls airfield finding good numbers of Dark-eyed Juncos and with them my first American Tree Sparrow of the fall. Loosely associating with this flock was a Field Sparrow and a Red-eyed Vireo. The vireo caught me off-guard being one of the latest I've seen in the Pioneer Valley. A single, calling Snow Bunting also flew over heading west.



Red-eyed Vireo - edge of Turner's Falls airfield, Franklin Co., MA. October 30th, 2014.
Looking back I realized that I had another late Red-eyed Vireo back in 2008, that bird was in 
Amherst also dated October 30th: http://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2008/10/late-revi-oct-30th.html


American Tree Sparrow - edge of Turner's Falls airfield, Franklin Co., MA. October 30th, 2014.


 Ruby-crowned Kinglet - off Rt 2A, Greenfield, Franklin Co., MA. October 30th, 2014.






No comments: