Tuesday, October 11, 2011

MA - lingering warblers - 10/11

Black-throated Green Warbler - Barton Cove, Gill, Franklin Co., MA. October 11th, 2011.

Another early morning shrouded in fog but clearing by 9am, and developing into another glorious fall day. I swung by Barton Cove on the way to an appointment and found little in the way of waterfowl except a Green-winged Teal with the Canada Geese. However, a nice feeding flock of passerines in a yard just off Riverview Drive immediately grabbed my attention and I regretted having restrictions on my time. In just ten minutes I had excellent views of Ruby and Golden-crowned Kinglets, Blue-headed Vireo, and Blackpoll, Tennessee and Black-throated Green Warblers. The Tennessee Warbler in particular was a nice find being my first locally since a singing bird in our yard in late May.

Blue-headed Vireo - Barton Cove, Gill, Franklin Co., MA. October 11th, 2011.


JPS

No comments: